Steven R. Telles
JD 2005 - Stanford Law School
BA 2000 - University of Southern California
Steve Telles is a contract attorney serving in the firm’s employment and labor practice group.
Steve has defended employers in hundreds of employment law matters, including individual and class wage and hour claims, Fair Employment and Housing Act cases, Family and Medical Leave Act matters, and Americans with Disabilities Act actions.
Steve has also advised clients on compliance with state and federal employment laws, developed employer policy documents and handbooks, and handled internal investigations of employment issues.
2005 J.D., Stanford Law School
2000 B.A., magna cum laude, University of Southern California
Licensed to practice law in California since 2005, Steve is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
• Successfully represented employer in multi-million dollar class action wage and hour dispute—resulted in favorable settlement for the client
• Secured denial of class certification motion in a case alleging nationwide misconduct by employer arising from employee mishandling of customer property• Represented employer in largest wage and hour and ERISA class action against a restaurant chain at the time — obtained favorable settlement
• Prevented the filing of a threatened employee misclassification class action lawsuit against bank client—settled the matter for a nominal amount
• Achieved dismissal by motion of ADA lawsuits brought against employer
• Successfully defended employer in discrimination case, resulting in complete defense judgment in bench trial
• Resolved compliance matters for employers in actions including employee fraud and Sarbanes-Oxley